I love tonight's question from Hannah C. It's been awhile since I've been asked by one person on what to use for an entire makeup look. The question was specific to one makeup brand, too, which is Maybelline. And this blog is very Maybelline New York friendly!
Good evening Gem! I'm a fan of your blog. I like how you support both high-end and drugstore makeups. Some bloggers are awfully biased against cheap or locally-made brands. Good thing you are not like them. :)
Anyway, I love your Getting Hitched Series. I really like the way you look on your first trial even though you thought it was a disaster.
You see, I'm getting married next year(January) and I want your recommendation on makeup. I already have a makeup artist but I fear he'll use some fake makeup on me. Sad to say I can't afford professional makeup artists. They cost A LOT. :(
So I'm planning to build my own wedding day makeup kit with Maybelline! They are really affordable and they are my go-to brand of makeup. I plan on buying one or two pieces of makeup a month so by January, I'll have a full set.
What would you recommend? By the way, I have fair but oily skin with lots of pimple marks on my cheeks. I sweat a lot so one of my fear is that my makeup will melt even before I walk down the aisle! I'm not keen on bold colors so nude is the way to go.
I hope you could help me. Thank you!! - Hannah C.
First of all, I want to take you for taking time in visiting and reading my blog. It means a lot to me :)
Here are my recommendations on building up your wedding day makeup:
1. Baby Skin Primer to hold your makeup longer than usual. Optional: you can try looking for the Baby Skin Instant Pink Transformer to make your skin glow. It's available at Duty Free.
2. For foundation, you can try Dream Satin Skin liquid foundation and its two way cake powder*. You can also get the White Super Fresh powder* and use that as a setting powder as it really keeps oil at bay. My mom and I love this powder! Keep it with you until the reception so you can retouch :)
3. To conceal pimples, you can use the foundation and pat it on your pimples and blemishes. If you're not satisfied with the outcome, you can purchase the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. It's not available at local counters but you can easily get hold of it at online shops :)
4. For blush, use Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush. It has a cream to powder finish. To make it stay put the whole day, seal it with the Maybelline powder blush of the same shade.
5. For the lips, you can choose from Maybelline Rebel Bloom* in shades REB06, REB07, or REB08 for a natural but flattering lip color. Use that during the ceremony. For your reception, use Maybelline Color Show Creamy Matte. Get a red shade.
6. For the eyes, use the Maybelline The Nudes palette. Perfect for wedding!
7. Line your eyes with Hypersharp liner - any of the two will do :)
8. To make your lashes longer, use Maybelline Hypercurl! If your lashes are still short, you may opt to use false eyelashes.
I hope my suggestions are helpful.Congratulations and best wishes on your wedding :)
So, guys, if you have a question you've been meaning to ask, ask away! Just click the link or you can click the link on one of the tabs 'Ask' or send an e-mail to email@example.com. I'll try to answer them here on a timely manner :)