It's been awhile since I posted my Monthly favourites. The last time I did this was probably on Youtube and not even a blog post. LOL. It's been so long that I actually feel strange as I type. Weird, huh?
Anyway, let's get on to business.
I have quite a lot for the month of June mainly because I haven't done this for a long time.
June 2014 favourites.
Which one do you fancy?
I'll start clockwise or from left to right. Shucks, I don't know how to get on with this post. Really. Please bear with me and rely on the photo as you read my post.
1. ZA Cosmetics Perfect Solution Moisturizer - I got this for free at Sample Room. Upgraded my regular account to VIP. I've been using this since last year and used it again when I started using Belo's AcnePro. I love that this is so lightweight and dries fast on my face. I'd also like to believe that this improved my face making it brighter! I'm halfway through the bottle and this is something I'd definitely repurchase once I run out. I actually love the ZA's Perfect Solution line!
2. Belo AcnePro Facial Wash, Toner, and Acne Gel* - I got this set from Sample Room again. I didn't have high expectations on this set. I actually thought it would be sub par as the price is very cheap and it's widely available. But boy, was I wrong when I tried it! The toner is just what I was looking for! It's matte but doesn't totally dry out my face nor gives me that feeling that my faces feel stretched. The facial wash is jelly but a little goes a long way. I even use this sometimes on my chest and back. For something that feels and smells gentle, it is able to clear out my pimples. But then of course, it's with the help of the acne gel which is specific for pimples. I don't use this everyday because I don't always have zits. But when I used this though, I noticed that my pimple dried out a bit the following day. Use it until the zit is totally dry.
3. Naturactor Cover Face Concealer in 151 - I'm not sure how much I got this for or where I even got it. I bought this because of the hype that this concealer is HG material. It can cover up my dark spots although it fades after 8 hours of wear. Sometimes even less than 8 hours. This concealer also cakes on my at certain times. I got the darkest shade but I feel like it still doesn't match my skin tone. It's still light. So, this is not HG material for you. However, among the concealers I have with my now, this is by far the one that I always look for as it's the most reliable as we speak. That or maybe I'm just to lazy to switch. I could say though that this is better than Ben Nye's concealer wheel, at least for me.
4. MAC 181 Small Buffer brush - I got this from a MAC set that they released sometime in 2009 or 2010. Does anyone remember the Garden Collection or something like that? I stopped using this for years as I tried different brushes and settled with them. But when I rekindled my love affair with mineral makeup, I searched my brush stash for this as well. It's small enough that you can just toss it in your makeup bag and not worry about its bristles. But it's dense and big enough to apply or set your foundation.
5. Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel in (79) Cheeky - I've stopped buying from different collection of makeup brands because most of them are always limited edition. However, when Chanel released their 2014 Summer Collection, I just couldn't pass on this one. I've been digging brown rose shades lately (if that shade even makes sense) and I had a hunch Cheeky will look good on me. I'm glad my hunch was right. It had to be cos this cost me almost USD40. Pretty hefty for a cream blush. So far, it stays on my cheeks until I remove it with a makeup remover. How awesome is that?! A little goes a long way so I'm pretty covered for the next two years. By the time I hit pan on this, I just hope that Chanel re-releases this so that I could purchase another one.
6. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B30 - I've had this for a while but it wasn't until the 3rd time that I've used this that I appreciated the wonder of this product. Ever since I've learned about water-based foundation and those second skin-esque foundation, I'm always curious on who will outperform who. Well, Vitalumiere Aqua does not disappoint if you compare this to other water-based foundation. I can't say it's the best I've tried but it's the second best. More thoughts about this product soon as my review on this product is already on my drafts. But yes, this get my approval.
7. Tarte Amazonian Clay12-Hour Blush in Exposed - this blush is the reason why I am so hooked on rosy beige shades of blush lately! I stopped using my pink shades of blushers because of this! Review on this baby soon!
8. Ellana Pressed Mineral Foundation in Almond and Cinnamon Latte - I've always loved Ellana. I received a random package on my birthday month with a few Ellana goodies and until now, I don't know who sent it. It wasn't a PR sample as I am sure of that. I'm guessing it came from my mom, LOL! I love the pressed powder as I use this for retouch.
9. Ellana Blush Duo Compact in Flirtation & Fetish - Back when Ellana only offered loose minerals, one of my most coveted products from them was their blush in Flirtation. Yes, it gives me that flirtatious blush - the blush you get when your crush is around. I stopped using it because I didn't buy any back up and I thought Ellana left for good. So, I was appalled when I saw my favourite blush in pressed form. Will do a comparison post between the pressed blush and loose one!
10. Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner - got this in the middle of the month and it's a breeze to use! Will review this soon!
11. MeMeMe Flawless Cream Foundation - I'm already on my third foundation. This really does give a flawless look! There's a caveat to that but still!
12. Happy Skin's Shut Up & Kiss Me Lippie in The Morning After - I've already reviewed this lippie and I just love how this looks on my lips. It's not surprising why a lot of women rave about this.
13. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in (31) La Furtive - it's one of my perfect nude lipsticks ever. I have a back up for this and you'll know why soon.
14. K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner in Brown - I've been enjoying brown eyeliner like I never have before. Brown eyeliners gives the illusion of bolder eyes yet looking naturally. I've been using this before I got hold of Benefit's push up liner so it deserves to be part of my monthly favourites. I now have the waterproof one but it still doesn't last on my lids.
15. Belo Kojic Acid Soap* - this is the soap that I currently love to bits! The photo above is actually my second bar. I was able to try this thru Sample Room. Just like the AcnePro, I didn't high hopes with this one. But when I used this, I immediately saw results after two days! It lightened my dark spots! This is something I'd definitely hoard on.
16. Benefit's The Porefessional* - I find myself always reaching out for this primer when I'm in the mood to apply primer. I love how this blurs my ginormous pores and it makes my face matte for a few hours.
16 products for my June monthly favourites! Hope you found something you like! Let me know if you've tried any of the products mentioned! I wanna know if you like it as much as I do!
Follow me! Yes? No? Yey!