Last Saturday was a very hectic day for me. I was up early running errands and when I got home, I had to rush on getting ready cos I had a baby shower party to attend. I was like two hours late at the shower party cos I got home late. Good thing there were still a lot of people!
When I got home, I immediately saw a Xend package on our dining table. I hurried to see who it was from since I wasn't expecting to receive anything. There was no notification from Xend either. When I touched it, I immediately knew it was a BDJ Box! The small on my face when I touched it! I was feeling livid at this point but I immediately felt alive again upon figuring out it was a BDJ Box! Oh, the joy BDJ Box gives me. Ibang level!
I opened the opened and this is what I saw:
Pixy. Truly Asian Beauty. Say what now? Pixy and not Pixi? Initially I thought it was just a major typo (which is totally forgivable if that was the case). But it's really spelled as Pixy with a Y and not an I. So, I opened the box to confirm if it was a typo or what. The packaging was entirely different so it's definitely Pixy. I read the brochures that came with it so I could be enlightened with this new brand (at least for me).
Here are the products inside the BDJ Box:
9 amazing full-sized products. You have got to be kidding me! That was my reaction, like srsly.
The last time I remember BDJ Box having a box full of full-sized products was the Maybelline Exclusive box. This is crazy though. 9 full products! I can't get over it.
Pixy is apparently an Indonesian based cosmetics line that uses ingredients from Japan. Knowing that, you'd already know that this brand has got to be promising. Most of the best makeup products are from Japan or use ingredients from there.
I've numbered the products to include a short description:
1. Ultimate Makeup Cake in White Porcelain (12.5g, PhP445) - whether you use this as your base or as a finishing powder, it will help you quickly cover any skin flaws, for smoother looking skin. Its oil absorbing properties also cut down unwanted shine.
The first thing I checked when I saw this compact was the shade. I got White Porcelain. My eyes got big and I immediately took it out of the box because I thought it would be a white pressed powder. Thank goodness it's a nude shade! I smelled the powder and it smells so good! According to the box it lasts up to 8hours so I'm excited to use this to know how long it will last on my face. This is also the most expensive product in the box and looks more sleek than the other compact so I guess this is their higher end line. This one has SPF20 though so here's to hoping that I won't have a white cast when I start to use this.
2. Colors of Delight Waterproof Mascara in Black (7ml, PhP260) - this waterproof mascara coats your individual lashes in its jet-black formula, lengthening them to make your eyes look bigger. It's also smudge-proof, so you don't have to worry about racoon eyes.
I have high hopes that this mascara will give the length that I'm looking for in a mascara!
3. Colors of Delight Silky Fit Satin Lipstick in Puppy Love (3.8g, PhP245) - this creamy lipstick comes in a hydrating formula that softly colours your lips in a girly hue. It's perfect to wear during those hot summer months when you want to look fresh with minimal effort.
Puppy Love is a pretty mauve shade. This is my favourite among the three lipsticks I got. I feel so lucky because the texture is satin which is my favourite texture of lipstick! I think Puppy Love and I were meant to be! It's a perfect everyday shade that can also be used at night when you pair it with smokey eyes.
4. Colors of Delight Silky Fit Semi Matte Lipstick in Red Chili (3.8g, PhP265) - can't decide which finish you want? Get the best of both worlds with this semi-matte lipstick from Pixy. It's enriched with Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E, so it hydrates your lips throughout the day.
Sometimes when I can't decide on what lipstick to use, I use a red shade of lipstick. Another no brainer for me is during instances when my face looks so pale. I just bring out my red lipstick and apply it on my lips, tada, I'm blooming in an instant! The shade of Red Chili, though, is similar to Viva Glam Rihanna at least from the tube. I'll do a comparison review with this red lipstick as its shade is quite common.
5. Colors of Delight Silky Fit Lasting Matte Lipstick in Peachy Delicacy (3.8g, PhP325) - look striking in a bold matte shade with this long-wearing lippy from Pixy. With a pigment-packed formula, it glides on smoothly and won't tug so your lips stay comfortable all day long.
This is my second favourite among the three. Basing it from the tube, this is a bold shade once applied on the lips. This will probably be my go-to lipstick when I want a bold shade this summer. This is also the most expensive among the three lipsticks so I have high hopes on this!
6. UV Whitening Two Way Cake Perfect Fit Compact in Natural White (12.2.g PhP275) - this powder formula blends perfectly for a smooth and long lasting base. It contains two way whitening squalane oil to prevent dry skin and SPF15 to protect your skin from sun damage.
I also got shocked when I saw the shade Natural White. But just like the Ultimate Makeup Cake, Natural White turned out to be a beige shade. Phew! The compact is white and doesn't look as sleek the Ultimate Makeup Cake. But the packaging still looks pretty as it has a silver design on the cover. The packaging for Pixy's compact powder is similar to Revlon's Nearly Naked powder except that there's no window on the cover. This two way cake has SPF 15 and since I find the shade too light for me (acidic person right here), I'm expecting this would turn really light on my face.
7. Colors of Delight Blush-On in Passion Roses (3.5g, PhP285) - this pretty blush will help you pull off that natural flush on your cheeks, giving you a sweet and innocent glow whenever you smile. It also comes with a brush for easy touch-ups!
Just by looking at this shade, I already know that I'll love this blush! It's an old rose shade perfect for everyday. This is like a darker MAC Well Dressed blush. I'm glad I got this shade because I'm not the type to explore different shades of blush. I usually stick with pinks. I only have two blushers in the shade of peach/coral. I like my pinks just fine.
8. Colors of Delight Eyeliner Pencil in Brown (1.14g, PhP265) - this easy to use eye pencil is perfect for your everyday look. Apply it thinly for a natural effect, or smudge it for more emphasis. Whichever way you choose, it will surely make your eyes look livelier and brighter!
When I saw the liner, I was expecting it to be brown as I have one too many black liners already. A brown liner is on my to-buy list as I want a more natural look on my eyes. So, this will be perfect! I just hope that this won't smear on my lids.
9. UV Whitening Two Way Cake Perfect Matte Refill in True Beige (12g, PhP145) - this lightweight powder refill is clinically tested to not trigger blackheads and is enriched with natural extracts and antibacterial kanzo, making it suitable for oily skin. Feel free to swap it inside the Perfect Fit compact!
I'm glad they included a powder refill which seems like a better match to my skin tone! I plan to switch the powders and use this one first as I'm trying to avoid a white cast.
If you add the prices of the products, total cost of this box is PhP2,510! However, if you're subscribed to BDJ Box, cost would only be PhP580! You get a total savings of PhP1,980! BDJ has done a great job again on their boxes. I honestly don't remember receiving a box I didn't like. I love this box specifically because it's full of makeup! It felt like heaven when I saw the contents of the box. I love this box. I love BDJ Box! Thank you BDJ Box for yet another great box!
If you received this box, let me know your favourite. I'd like to know!
Follow me! Yes? No? Yey!