Last month, bloggers have been raving about BYS Cosmetics. I've seen it inside SM Department stores and looked at their products (the neon palettes specifically) but I didn't bother swatching. It's not that I don't like it because I actually do. I just know that I wouldn't be using those shades anytime soon.
Then came the Lip Gloss & Lipstick Duo in Dusty Rose. A lot of the beauty bloggers that I personally know were raving about it. So, without hesitation, I got myself one to see how pretty it would look on my lips, too.
BYS Lip Gloss & Lipstick Duo in Dusty Rose, PhP299.00
Dusty Rose lipstick
Dusty Rose lipgloss
swatches (lipgloss on the left; lipstick on the right)
Dusty Rose lipstick on my lips
Dusty Rose lipstick + lipgloss on my lips
after 3 hours
What I like about it:
1. very nice shade
2. affordable at PhP299
3. widely available in Manila
4. glides easily when applied on the lips
5. unique packaging
6. the lipgloss has a very nice scent
What I don't like about it:
1. the lipstick has a really strong fruity scent that it hurts my nose
2. the lipstick is slimmer than usual lipstick
3. staying power is bad (more or less 1 hr without eating)
4. the shade of the lipgloss is different from the lipstick once swatched
5. I feel like the cover of the lipstick will crack and break anytime soon
6. the packing might be a turn off to some as it's long
This lipstick duo is not that bad actually. For the price of PhP299, you get two products already. Dusty Rose is a really light pink shade that is wearable during day time and even on night time. This shade is similar to MAC Angel and MAC Please Me.
However, the staying power is bad. The lipstick started fading after an hour and the color formed lines on my actual lip line making it look like I actually lines my lips. I'm guessing the lipgloss had something to do with it. The lipstick and lip gloss used together looks fine. But I think I'll be using the lipstick alone more often.
I probably won't repurchase this product because I have one too many lipsticks and I'm just not satisfied with the staying power. But hey, if you don't mind retouching, then this product will work for you!
Happy weekend, ladies!
LIKE MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR
MAKEUP TUTORIALS AND GIVEAWAYS:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER FOR UPDATES:
I'M ON INSTAGRAM!