In case I still haven't emphasized it, I really love Ellana. IMO, they're the best selling mineral makeup here in Manila. They're available in malls and online, they have a wide range of shades to choose from, smooth transaction, photos of the shades are not taken from a high-end traditional makeup brand, and no problems with the products (I have to emphasize this because I had several mishaps with Ellana's rival mmu brand - wrong size of pouch, wrong brushes in a set and so on).
Over the weekend, I tried their Clean It Up brush cleaner at their counter. It does the job fast! It leaves your brush a really nice scent, too. It only comes in one size at 50ml and retails at Php150.
I didn't buy it tho. Haha!
That's because I still have alot of my home made brush cleaner. I've been using this home made brush cleaner for a year now and my brushes are still in good shape.
Here is the list of ingredients and tools for the home made brush cleaner:
1. sterilized water
2. ethyl alcohol (40%, 70%, or higher)
3. Johnson's baby shampoo or any baby shampoo
4. Creamsilk leave on conditioner
5. empty bottle with cover
1. Fill the bottle with water up to 2/3 or 70% of the bottle.
2. Transfer the water from the bottle in the beaker.
3. Add 3 tablespoon of alcohol in the water.
4. Add 1 1/2tablespoon of baby shampoo.
5. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of leave on conditioner.
6. Stir the mixture slowly to avoid it from foaming, creating bubbles or suds.
7. Transfer the mixture from the beaker to the empty bottle.
So, if you want to save money and maintain you brushes in good condition, make your own brush cleaner now :)
This is the brainchild of Koren. You can search his name and view his makeup videos in youtube.